Header Image

Harwood Hall (Parklands)

Harwood Hall known locally as Parklands is located on the land called Parklands open space. This was originally part of the Gaynes Manor estate. The manor has been in existence since the 11th century and the bridge is a grade two listed building. Gaynes Park was over 400 acres, in 1928 most of the land was sold, but Parklands was retained as a reminder of the large manor which dates back to the doomesday book.

Becmain Angling Society have managed the lake since 1964. The fishery is stream fed, both banks of this lake are managed by Becmain AS. After the 1966 desilting the lake was restocked with Carp, Roach, Tench, Rudd and Bream.

Harwood Hall is home to a wide variety of fish including Carp and Pike A large Pike of 23lb however was not caught on rod and line but had tried to take fish from a keep net and was snagged on the net! Bream have been caught to 3lb, there are also Eels, Roach, Gudgeon, Chubb, Crucian Carp and Rudd. You might also see one of the Terrapins basking in the sun!

Harwood Hall can be fished from dawn to dusk with a day ticket available from the bailiff on the bankside.


Harwood Hall
Harwood Hall Lane

RM14 2YF

Click here for a map.

Harwood Hall fishery can be accessed from Park Farm Road, where there is a small car park. There is also a gate at the opposite end of the lake in Corbets Tey Road but no car park. Opening times are from dawn to dusk.


Adults: - dawn to dusk - £5.00 per rod, two rods  at the bailiffs discretion

Juniors/OAP's: - dawn to dusk - £3.00 per rod, two rods at the bailiffs discretion.